Post Thanks / Like

Default Mount sda1 error

Part 1
    Hello new topic of research and help.
    I have flash installed of course DE-7.0 and starting from flash, I can configure all and mount sda1 automatically from configuration -> device, without problem without errors for example sda1 --> /media/ba, this creates an automatic entry in FSTAB like this:
    /dev/disk/by-uuid/e1d76d49-5a9d-4499-b3cb-90a4bfd00fcb /media/ba auto auto, nofail 0 0
    Why I mount there sda1? because this is where BarryAllen is installed in sda1 /media/ba
    the device is mounted, has no errors and I can restart the dreambox always mount the device.

Part 2
    After installing from BarryAllen new image DE-7.0 as usual in sda1 and reboot for select new image, start the dreambox from usb-> sda1 the new image DE-7.0 and configure it.
    But it never lets me mount sda1 in any directory like /media/ba or any other. configuration -> device --> There is no mountpoint defined ...
    I mount normally --> Manually select a mountpoint -> media/ba -> save --> ERROR-> there was an error while configuring device
    I guess because sda1 which is now the device that contains the OS will be busy or whatever.

I tried to edit FSTAB myself and put:
    /dev/disk/by-uuid/e1d76d49-5a9d-4499-b3cb-90a4bfd00fcb /media/ba auto auto, nofail 0 0
    Reboot the Dreambox and start from USB, but the device does not appear mounted in configuration -> device --> There is no mountpoint defined ...

Part 3
    Why do I want to mount the device?
    Because every time I restart the Dreambox, a popup message warning comes out, the usb30 no files display on your device. ]or something similar
    And frankly it bothers me a lot of popup and also not knowing why I can't mount the device as I do from FLASH

It has a solution? Can sda1 be mounted even if Dreambox boots from usb -> sda1?
    It's important to me, and so not having to endure the popup warning and also know that sd1 is mounted correctly

Thank you for the support of the Dream-Elite team
    Last edited by neo.nemek; 6th August 2019 at 14:30.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mount sda1 error

Hi personally I don't use Barry Allen the best thing is to use our flash image the others you don't need!
    Dream-Elite Donation - Thanks for your support

Dream Elite 7

Post Thanks / Like

I have only used Dream Elite for a long time, since Dream Elite 4.0 or 4.1 I have not used another. From 10 year along, ALMOST
    I install BarryAllen to be able to make a custom Dream Elite 7.0 backup with my plugins and Skins, so if I get damaged by mistake I just have to install the backup.

Can I make a full flash backup with everything plugins, etc...? and if it breaks down can I install that backup again in flash? how is it done?

I only install the barryallen for the backup, I always like to mess up the Dream Elite a lot and for example use MediaPortal, and it doesn't always work at first.

If I can Backup Flash and reinstall, I don't use barry allen, I only use flash backup better. For mistake or broken FLASH
    Too much trouble setting and configuring all everything up, again and again
    Last edited by neo.nemek; 6th August 2019 at 22:28.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any program or way to do the automatic backup from flash.
    I don't know how to make a personalized image ... tar.xz

Post Thanks / Like

If not allredy installed press blue button and then choose addon panel >> download plugins and download DBackup.
    Then you can backup image in the flash

But since you using Barry Allen you can also backup your Image from Barry Allen
    Just go to Menu for installed images and choose backup image

This will create a backup with "choosen name.rootfs.tar.xz" and add it to your backup folder in /ba/backup/choosenimagename.rootfs.tar.xz

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I know about BarryAllen how to make a flash backup or an image of something installed on USB. Dbackup will prove what it does and how it does the flash backup.
    What interests me most is being able to restore the backup in case of a disaster, hahahaha.

Yesterday I was thinking that maybe I focus poorly on the handling of the new Dreambox One, this is because it has been 10 years with a Dreambox 800HDse with Dream Elite 4.1, without receiving updates of the Dream Elite and almost without receiving updates of the used plugins. This involves years of stagnation and not evolving.
    Now I will often have to update the flash image of Dream Elite 7.0, because you will be updating your image. And I will evolve in another way. Thanks for the support.

Dream Elite 7.0 can update On The Fly? In other words, can it be updated online alone without flashing another image in rescue mode?

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I already uninstalled Barry Allen and again I put a new image on Flash, I think I have at least 15 flashes and total settings of everything I use in 1 week of use, many hours I work! Hahaha.

Now everything is set up without BarryAllen, but I have the DBackup backup, I don't even want to try the backup just in case it's not going well ... hahahahaha.

I also have to test from the rescue mode what kind of backup does and if I flash again how everything will be,

Ok, thank you all and we will continue investigating cool things