Thread: Can't make picons work on a DM8000 / Dream Elite image

Post Thanks / Like

Default Can't make picons work on a DM8000 / Dream Elite image

I am on this issue for the last 7 days : I am trying desperately to activate the picons on dream-Elite image - literally I spent hours and hours with no result. Here is the situation and latest update
    - I have DM8000 and flashed from scratch the latest Dream-Elite image (DE4R005 of 19/03/2016)
    - I installed the skin MetrixDE-FHD and saw that the picons are not active (btw HDMU does it by default with no setting required)
    - I downloaded latest mmark picons (size 220x132 transparent) and stored them under /media/hdd/picons - I know that is better to have them on usb but i will do that later after test !
    - In "Systems Path setting" i set Picon path to "/media/hdd"
    - I issued an "ln -s /media/hdd/picon /usr/share/enigma2" command to route the picon folder pointer to the hard disk picon - i checked that the alias is created under /usr/share/enigma2
    - I restarted the box...

Nothing !!! i have always only the one default picon of the skin (Metrix") appearing in all channels in the infobar !

other tries i did : changing to another skin and changing the size of the picons - No result !

Anyone has an idea on what is wrong or what else can i try to make this work ? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can't make picons work on a DM8000 / Dream Elite image

The picon folder for the 220x132 is picon_220x132

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can't make picons work on a DM8000 / Dream Elite image

oooohhhhh....... !!! stupid me

you saved my week-end !!! Yes it works ....

but i browsed tons of forums and nowhere anyone ever talked about naming picon folders other than with those 5 letters "picon" ... (and yes i even did rename the addons auto created picon folder by removing the "_220x132 " suffix !!! stupid me )

Thanks again so much ! i literally wasted a full week installation & re-installation...