Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DreamElite Android App - version 1.0 - Question/Feedback/Suggestion-thread

DreamElite Android App - version 1.0 (August 14, 2012)

Our Android-app, DreamElite, has just been published on Google Play (former Android Market).

The DreamElite-app will soon also be available at SlideME (alternative App-Market) for those who cannot access Google Play. We will post the link here as soon as it is available.

We have posted also a FAQ-section here in the forum covering most common questions along with useful information. The FAQ is in English, Italian and German. I will update it when necessary. You can find the FAQ here: http://www.dream-elite.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11454

Please use this thread for questions, feedback and suggestions for improvements. You can write in English, Italian or German (with the help of Google Translate I should be able to understand most of it).

This is a comunity-project and together with you, we hope to improve the app further.

Rgds,
    Tilleke

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DreamElite Android App - version 1.0 - Question/Feedback/Suggestion-thread

Fantastic app , compliments

well done, wow

all working very well on my Galaxy s3 and my girlfriend Galaxy s2

Streaming SD is very good because you can play Movies on smartphone and watch another channel on TV set.

Only streaming and playing Movies problems with HD .

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DreamElite Android App - version 1.0 - Question/Feedback/Suggestion-thread

Quote Originally Posted by pipilbreve View Post
    Fantastic app , compliments

well done, wow

all working very well on my Galaxy s3 and my girlfriend Galaxy s2

Streaming SD is very good because you can play Movies on smartphone and watch another channel on TV set.

Only streaming and playing Movies problems with HD .

Thank you
    Thank you for your nice words. We are glad you like it.

What regards HD-streaming, it is not due to the app. It is because of the bandwidth. I know a few people who has managed to get HD-streaming working but they all have rather high-end wifi-routers and which are optimized for streaming. Personally, at least on a smartphone, I think the SD-stream looks like HD taking into account the small screens

In either case, I will update the FAQ about HD-streaming.

Post Thanks / Like

Default DreamElite Android App - version 1.0 - Question/Feedback/Suggestion-thread

Ecco lo sapevo... Noi iphonizzati Adesso iniziamo ad essere discriminati!!! :-)
    Hardware + TS-439 Pro - Mac PBp - Mac Pw - Generic Refurbished PC - Router Cisco - TvPhilips DLna UpnP - DM800HDse - DM500HD +
    OS + Ubuntu - OsX Server - Snow Leopard +

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think is possible to show somewhere in the main menu the receiver or the profile currently active ?

If it works only in lan mode what is the meaning or the usage of dyndns address ?

thks

Post Thanks / Like

Default AW: Re: DreamElite Android App - version 1.0 - Question/Feedback/Suggestion-thread

If it works only in lan mode what is the meaning or the usage of dyndns address ?

thks
    You can set timer, and control your receicer from outside (dyndns or vpn connection). For streaming or wathing TV you need LAN.

Cheers, WeDoIt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: AW: Re: DreamElite Android App - version 1.0 - Question/Feedback/Suggestion-threa

I have tested remote control with dyndns but no connection occurred.

Please note that setting the profile the form asks compulsory local ip that is unusefull in my opinion.

May be this is the cause of dyndns adress fail connection.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think is possible to show somewhere in the main menu the receiver or the profile currently active ?
    This is a good idea. I will put in the "to-do-list" for next update.

As to your other comments:
    1) as WeDoIt said, for streaming/watching your TV or Movies, you need to be connected to your LAN due to bandwidth-limitations. I have also disabled the remote-control when you are connected remotely (not in LAN) because the remote-control should be used when you are in front of the TV. The idea is that it can replace the original RC.
    2) all other things such as consulting EPG, setting a timer while you are on the train etc you can do remotely if you have filled in your DynDNS and set up portforwarding correctly.

Generally the idea is that it is enough to have have one profile only (for each receiver) with Local IP (and DynDNS filled in if you want to use it remotely). The app tries to determine automatically if you are in LAN or if you are connected remotely using DynDNS. Therefore, there is no need to create two separate profiles for same receiver. However, there are occasions when the app might fail to determine if you are in LAN or not and then thinks you are connected remotely. I have already planned for next update an option to override this so you can manually indicate to use LAN or DynDNS although most of the times, the app is able to determine that by itself.

Thanks for the feedback. Please continue posting your impressions so far, ideas for improvements, positive and negative feedback. I am all open ears!

Post Thanks / Like

SD streaming is quite perfect, HD streaming works well if you I stay quite near the wifi router antenna.

ok fully understood the idea.

But it may appen that you are at office connected to lan and you want to connect to your receiver at home by dyndns .
    Or it may appen that you are at home connnected to your lan and you want to connect to your brother receiver by dyndns .

Both of this tests I have done by dyndns had naturally failed and that's why it is a good idea to permit to choose the connection way.

Big Remote Control is very good for all big fingers like me .

>Thanks

By 3G I will test tomorrow morning driving out home under a good 3G antennas.

Post Thanks / Like

But it may appen that you are at office connected to lan and you want to connect to your receiver at home by dyndns .
    This should work without any problems UNLESS your LAN in your office has the same ip-range as at your home. For example, if your LAN's ip-range is 192.168.1.x and your office's LAN is also 192.168.1.x, then you will have a problem. If your LAN's ip-range is different, for example 192.168.0.x and in office it is 192.168.1.x, then it should work without any problems. This is the reason why I will add an override-function. You can easily verify the assigned IP-address to your Android-device, by clicking on Menu->About and then long-clicking the DE-logo.

Or it may appen that you are at home connnected to your lan and you want to connect to your brother receiver by dyndns .
    In this case, it is the same as above example. If your local-ip address has same ip-range as your brother's LAN, you will have a problem. But if they are different, then the app will use the DynDNS and you can connect easily to your brother's receiver.

In both cases, you can put a dummy local ip-address such as 192.168.3.2 (as long as it is is different from the ip-range assigned to your android) and DynDNS will be used and it will work.

Of course, make sure that port-forwarding has been set up correctly (pointing to your receiver).

With 3G, there should not be any problems since ip-addresses usually assigned are different from those used in local LANs.

....but don't expect that streaming will work using DynDNS (in remote) due to bandwidth!